Meaning in the Making: Embodied Mathematics
This class is for our kinetic learners and dance enthusiasts. It’s been proven that kids learn best when moving and having fun. This class uses dance and body movement activities to emphasize and reiterate ideas learned in math class. It’s an embodied study of math concepts to engage brain-body connection & give context to ideas like addition, geometry, counting, fractions, symmetry and more!
The focus for children in this age group is to manipulate and play with objects so that they can develop clear links between their own environment and the maths concepts which they are learning. From this earliest age the goal is to focus on creating confidence in talking about numbers.
- Type: Kids (Ages 5 – 7) Drop-off class (you will need to fill out an emergency form & movement waiver)
- Day: Wednesdays Jan 4 – Feb 15
- Time: 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Ticket Price/Information: $150 for 7 weeks
- Instructor: Margot Steinberg
- All Materials will be provided